|New to Cruising |
|Now more than ever, people are discovering the all-inclusive pleasures of a cruise vacation. Cruising is the best vacation value and Costa offers a cruise to suit every taste and every budget. Your cruise fare includes your meals, stateroom accommodations, on-board activities, entertainment and transportation from port to port. Families, friends, couples, singles and honeymooners alike are sailing away for the vacation of their dreams, and eliminating the hassles of planning a vacation. A cruise is one convenient vacation where you won’t have to worry about catching your next flight as you travel from one destination to another, packing and unpacking your bags or making dinner or nightclub reservations. You’ll find that a Costa Cruise ship is a floating resort offering every comfort, convenience and amenity that one could imagine. You can lie back and be completely pampered. Or you can go non-stop enjoying one great show after another -- dine like never before -- try your luck in the lively casino -- or dance the night away to the pulsating beat in the disco. It’s no wonder that more people are taking a cruise vacation than ever before. And once you get a taste of cruising, you’ll also want to come back for more again. In fact, cruises have the highest customer satisfaction of any other vacation experience! |
For variety, value and satisfaction…you haven’t lived until you’ve cruised! Our state-of-the-art cruise ships are filled with everything you need for an all-inclusive vacation. Your cruise fare includes your room accommodations, all standard meals, entertainment, onboard activities and more… You’ll discover an amazing thing about Cruising Italian Style. So many pleasures await you onboard that you can indulge in the vacation of a lifetime without ever setting foot on land. Will you join in the dozens of shipboard activities like art auctions, horse racing, bridge games, Italian lessons and trivia contests? Or learn to prepare perfect pesto in an Italian cooking class. Explore all the possibilities available to you when you’re Cruising Italian Style.
Your cruise fare includes:
Also Available Onboard (additional charges apply):
- Stateroom accommodations featuring all the comforts of home
- Personalized service
- Dining options
- Opulent Casino
- Onboard Activities
- Kids Club programs
- 24-hour Room Service
- State-of-the-art Fitness Facility
- Library and Card Room
- A variety of Nightclubs and Broadway Style Shows
Plus more! It's no wonder that more and more people are discovering the outstanding value of a Costa cruise vacation.
- World-Class Spa amenities
- Internet Café
- Beauty Salon
- Boutiques & Shopping
- Art Auctions
- Shore Excursions
- Bar Drinks
- Golf Lessons
- Fitness Trainers & Exercise Classes
There’s no such thing as a typical cruise guest with so much for everyone to do based on personal tastes and lifestyles. Costa cruise ships are floating resorts with all the choices a fine resort has to offer. Most days are filled with sightseeing, sports activities, cultural lectures, educational classes and lounging by the pool. During the evenings theme nights, bands, discos, dance extravaganzas, musical revues and a lively casino take the stage.
No doubt, a Costa cruise offers an atmosphere that’s just right for romance…cozy dinners for two…strolling on deck at sunset and dancing the night away. And families love cruising too with the children’s programs, kid-friendly menus and dedicated children’s areas keep children happy. A cruise vacation is the perfect opportunity to relax and reconnect with family and friends.
Because it’s so easy to meet new people, it’s a favorite vacation choice for singles and couples. Lie back in a lounge chair, breathe in the sea air and soak up the sun while reading a book. But if you’re more active, join in exercise or dance classes and sports contests, practice your tennis stroke or golf swing, go jogging on deck, swim, take a steam in the spa or work out in the gym. The choices are yours!
|What Happens On A Cruise|
Your days and nights onboard can be as active or relaxing as you wish. Shipboard entertainment options and organized activities are orchestrated by your cruise staff and you may participate or not as you see fit. A complete schedule of the next day’s events is listed in the Daily Program that is delivered each evening to your stateroom. You’ll discover an amazing thing about Cruising Italian Style. So many pleasures await you onboard that you can indulge in the vacation of a lifetime without ever setting foot on land. Will you join in the dozens of shipboard activities like art auctions, horse racing, bridge games, Italian lessons and trivia contests? Or learn to prepare perfect pesto in an Italian cooking class. Explore all the possibilities available to you when you’re Cruising Italian Style.
Here is just some of the entertainment and activities you will find onboard:
- Dance classes – Get in step with everything from fox-trot to hip-hop!
- Deck & Pool games – A great way to meet other guests and foster friendly competition for a chance to win some cool prizes.
- Cooking Demonstrations – Learn the secrets of Italian cooking from the masters!
- Italian language classes – Pick up useful phrases in conversational Italian.
- Fitness – From the casual fitness enthusiast to the fitness devotee, Costa ships offer state-of-the-art fitness facilities as well as a wide range of conditioning activities including fitness walks, aerobics, stretch and relaxation.
- Spa – Select from a-la-carte treatments or personalized packages for massages, facials and herbal wraps. (additional charges apply)
- Port & shopping lectures – Everything you ever wanted to know about your next port of call.
- Nighttime at sea – At night, you’ll find a variety of entertainment – watch a Broadway style show in the theater, wander into the piano bar, try your luck in the casino or step out to a dance band out on deck. Then you can head to the disco where the D.J. spins the hits all night long.
Costa offers all kinds of dining options, so you can eat formally or casually, in the open air, in a restaurant or in your stateroom – any time of day or night!
Dining choices abound from poolside dining to midnight buffets. Each day you may choose to dine Casual at the buffet, Traditional in the main restaurant or in one of our world-class Specialty restaurants (additional charge applies). Cozy bistros serve pizza, gelato, cappuccino and espresso and room service awaits your call 24 hours a day.
On many of our ships you can enjoy real Italian pizza , prepared by expert pizzamakers who studied at the "Accademia Italiana della Pizza" - the Italian Pizza Academy. The pizzeria menu offers a wide variety of pizza dishes, including famous Ligurian focaccia with cheese, as well as delicious desserts, wines and draught beers. The freshly sourced ingredients, stone ovens and traditional recipes we use are all a guarantee of the very best quality.
There’s a variety of dining experiences onboard every Costa ship:
- “Trattoria Italiana” ~ Casual Dining in the buffet or by the pool deck.
- “Tradizionale” ~ Traditional Dining in the main restaurant.
- “Salute e Benessere” ~ Spa Menu for the health conscious.
- “Dining di Lusso” ~ Deluxe Dining in one of our specialty restaurants.
- “Piccolo Morso” ~ A Lite Bite from the buffet or room service 24 hours a day.
- “Pizzeria” ~ Pizza in the bistro.
- “Spuntino” ~ Treats to Sweets from the midnight buffet.
|La Dolce Vita – The Suite Life|
Make your cruise even more magnifico with a Costa Suite – the ultimate in luxury and service, with your own private butler, spacious marble bathroom, whirlpool tub, expanded sitting area, panoramic windows and your own private veranda.
- VIP check-in.
- Sparkling wine and cold canapés.
- Fresh fruit daily.
- Full-course meals in your suite.
- Cocktail party with the Captain.
- Bathrobes and slippers.
- Evening for two at our deluxe specialty restaurant.
- VIP disembarkation lounge, with priority disembarkation.
Available on all Caribbean sailings.
Available on all European Sailings except Mini Suites.
|Insider Cruising Tips|
First time passengers have difficulty envisioning what their cruise vacation will be like. Here are a few insider cruise tips that will help make your cruise vacation experience more enjoyable.
- Reconfirm your airline reservation and flight departure time 24 hours prior to leaving home. If, on the day of sailing, you find that your flight will be delayed beyond your ship’s departure time, please contact Costa Cruises.
- On the Costa Web site you can buy land excursions by the date issued by the system during the reservation process (Must be done at least 7 days before the departure date of the primary port of cruise, which may differ from the passenger's boarding port). Since most shore excursions fill up fast, registering online using the data (first and last name, date of birth) that were given at the time when you purchased your cruise, can help guarantee you can participate in the excursions you want.
- Costa offers a nice selection of Buon Viaggio Gifts which may be purchased up to one week in advance of sailing on Costa’s website for delivery in your stateroom. Gifts include fresh flower bouquets, wine and champagne and onboard credits.
- A lot of luggage looks the same. Attach a colored ribbon to each of your bags to make them easier to find.
- When packing clothing attire, keep in mind that most of the time you’ll feel comfortable in casual resort wear including light cotton clothing or swimwear and a beach robe for covering up indoors. Tennis or low-heeled walking shoes are recommended for exploring ports of call. For Northern Europe sailings, sweaters, lightweight jackets and raincoats are appropriate. On formal nights, ladies may wear evening gowns or cocktail-length dresses; gentlemen may choose dark suits or tuxedos. On other evenings, gentlemen generally wear sport coats and slacks, while ladies wear resort attire. There are laundry and valet services available onboard for a nominal fee, so don’t bring more than you need.
- When you arrive at the cruise terminal, keep your cruise documents handy in your carry-on bag. When checking in, you will need to present your cruise documents, along with your proof of citizenship and completed Passenger Declaration Form to the Costa reception desk.
- Soon after you have boarded the ship is a good time to book your favorite spa treatment as the most popular ones fill up fast.
- If you plan to arrive a few hours before the ship’s departure, you will find a delicious Welcome Aboard Buffet waiting for you.
- During your cruise, the ship will offer seminars highlighting the attractions and shopping at each port. Typically these seminars are offered the day before arriving at each destination. Plan to attend these meetings to educate yourself on the destination and its sightseeing opportunities.
- When in port, remember that other countries may be more conservative than your own. When leaving the ship, dressing with casual elegance will show respect for other cultures.