The last thing you want to worry about is a problem on your trip. But because the unexpected does sometimes occur, Costa offers Carefree Travel Protection, a custom- tailored package of benefits to provide reimbursement for losses that may occur while you cruise. Carefree Travel Protection is a package of benefits, comprised of the following: the Carefree Cancellation Fee Waiver, the Carefree Travel Insurance and the 24/7 Worldwide Emergency Assistance Programs, designed exclusively for our guests.
Carefree Travel Protection protects your cruise vacation investment should you have to cancel or interrupt your cruise for unexpected, specified reasons. Carefree Travel Protection provides reimbursement in the event of trip and baggage delays and provides medical expense reimbursement if you should fall ill or have an accident during your trip. This is especially important when you travel overseas, because Medicare and many private insurance policies may not provide coverage when traveling outside North America.
While we certainly hope your cruise vacation is nothing but pleasurable, we highly recommend the purchase of Carefree Travel Protection. A brief summary follows or for more information regarding the terms, conditions and exclusions, select Costa Carefree Travel Protection:
Costa’s Cancellation Fee Waiver Provided by Costa:
Enables you (as a modification to your Passage Contract) to cancel or interrupt your cruise vacation for specified reasons such as illness, injury or death to you, an immediate family member or a traveling companion, as well as certain other non-medical reasons affecting you or your traveling companion, and receive CASH back for the otherwise non-refundable, unused portion of your prepaid cruise vacation. Should you need to cancel your cruise for a “pre-existing condition”, you will receive a Cruise Credit equal to the cancellation fees which can be applied toward future travel. This feature is provided by Costa Crociere S.p.A.*.
* For New York state residents, the Cancellation Fee Waiver Program is underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio; NAIC # 10952 under Policy/Certificate Form series TAHC5000.
Post-Departure Travel Insurance Program Underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company – reimburses losses for the following
- Trip Delay: If you miss the departure of your cruise due to carrier-caused delays or other specified reasons, you will be reimbursed up to $1,000 en route to a vacation for additional accommodations, meals and “catch-up” transportation expenses
- Baggage Protection: If your baggage or personal property is lost or damaged, you will be reimbursed up to $1,500. If your bags are delayed or misdirected by a common carrier for more than 24 hours, you will be reimbursed up to $500 for the purchase of necessary personal effects.
- Medical Expense Coverage: Should you become injured or sick during your vacation, you will be reimbursed up to $10,000 for medical expenses related to an illness, or up to $10,000 for expenses related to an injury.
- Emergency Evacuation: In the event that serious illness or injury requires air or ground transportation to a specialized facility or to return home, you will be provided up to $30,000 in covered medical services and supplies (coordinated by our 24-hour assistance provider) to help ensure your safe transport.
The Carefree Travel Insurance Program is underwritten by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company, Columbus, Ohio; NAIC #10952 (all states except as otherwise noted) under Policy/Certificate Form series TAHC5000. In CA, HI, NE, NH, PA, TN AND TX, Policy/Certificate Form series TAHC5100 and TAHC5200. In IL, IN, KS, LA, OH, OR, VT, WA AND WY, Policy Form #’s TAHC5100IPS and TAHC5200IPS. Certain coverages are under series TAHC6000 and TAHC7000.
This plan provides insurance coverage that applies only during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home and automobile policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer, insurance agent or broker.
24/7 WorldWide Emergency Assistance Services
Provides 24-hour assistance services including: pre-cruise health, safety and weather information; assistance with travel changes; lost luggage assistance; emergency cash transfer assistance; emergency medical and dental assistance; lost travel document assistance; and emergency medical payment assistance. Provided by On Call International.