A journey to discover the enchanting panoramic views and the cultural roots of the island, with photo stops, walks on historic sites, tasting of typical drinks and the opportunity to get to know the folklore of Bonaire.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour of the coastline
- Karpata Plantation
- Rincon Valley
- Walk in the village of Rincon
- Rose Inn: liqueur tasting
- Mangazina di Rei Cultural Park
- Seru Largu vista point
What we will do
- We start our excursion with a panoramic tour of the picturesque coastline going north to see some wonderful panoramic views and the vegetation of the island of Bonaire: giant chandelier cactus plants flank the road as a succession of fantastic panoramic views of the sea unfolds before our eyes.
- We drive past several sites that are famous for diving and we come across the historic Karpata plantation, where aloe and charcoal were once produced.
- We then reach the top of the hill where there is a splendid panoramic view of the fertile Rincon valley, where Arawak Indians settled more than a thousand years ago leaving traces of their art and their culture on the island.
- We stop to go for a short walk in the village of Rincon, the oldest settlement in Bonaire, with its old buildings and narrow streets, accompanied by our guide.
- We then have a break at the Rose Inn, a typical very popular establishment. Here we have the opportunity to taste one of the islands delicacies: a liqueur made from cactus and lime. We can have a rest in the shade of a tree and then we are on the road again.
- After a short ride we reach the Mangazina di Rei Cultural Park, where there is the second oldest stone building in the island, the Mangazina di Rei which literally means "the King's Warehouse" as indeed it was once used as a storage room for provisions for government slaves.
- During our visit our guide recounts interesting stories that keep the traditions of the island alive, we can play typical Creole musical instruments and we dance the simadan, a popular local dance. The visit comes to a close with a refreshing glass of lime juice before we return to our coach.
- We continue on our tour up to Seru Largu vista point, located at the top of a hill, which commands a spectacular view of the whole island and then we go back to the port.
|When would you like to leave?