A trip not be missed to discover Puerto Vallarta, the perfect destination to taste all the flavours of a typical Mexican town, teeming with life, yet at the same time sophisticated.
What we will see
- Puerto Vallarta: town centre, Malecón
- Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Shopping in Olas Altas
- Panoramic viewpoint over the Bay of Banderas
What we will do
- A short coach ride and we reach the centre of Puerto Vallarta, one of the liveliest, most sophisticated tourist destinations in the area.
- We’ll walk along the picturesque sea front known as the Malecón (the quay), while our guide tells us stories of Puerto Vallarta’s rich history.
- As we walk along the pedestrian, palm-lined quay with strictly white houses, brightened with lively restaurants, shops, music and stone sculptures, we can glance at the ocean breaking on the narrow pebble beach a few steps away.
- Next we’ll visit the Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe, which took 12 years to build in the early twentieth century, to appreciate the hand-sculpted columns and splendid moulded decorations inside.
- Our tour continues with a tour of the oldest, most traditional part of Puerto Vallarta. We come to the district of Olas Altas, where we’ll really be able to relive the old traditions.
- You’ll have about 45 minutes to wander freely around the area and dedicate yourself to shopping to purchase some local craftwork.
- Then, back on the coach we travel south to a splendid “panoramic viewpoint overlooking the Bay of Banderas**, where we’ll have time to browse the wares of the numerous local craftsmen.
|When would you like to leave?