On this excursion, we will delve into inland Java following the traces of local culture, from colonial steam trains to coffee plantations, a Chinese temple and traditional local music.
What we will see
- Inland sightseeing tour
- Ambarawa Railway Museum
- Steam train excursion
- Tlogo Agro Plantation
- Coffee tasting and gamelan music
- Sam Po Kong Temple
What we will do
- We will leave Semarang on a coach for an intriguing sightseeing tour of the sensational landscapes of inland Java.
- We will stop in Ambarawa to visit the railway museum, which features a number of carriages from colonial times with their wooden interiors perfectly maintained and preserved, and 22 locomotives built between the 19th and 20th centuries.
- After visiting the museum, we will really travel back in time with a ride on a steam train, which will clatter along the tracks to Tuntang station.
- Then our tour will continue to the Tlogo Agro Plantation, situated approximately 400 metres above sea level. Established in 1856, it is home to a variety of tropical plants, including coffee, rubber, mango, banana, avocado, clove, cocoa and guava. We will learn the secrets of the traditional process used to produce coffee from beans to powder.
- At the end of the visit, we will try a hot cup of coffee and have the chance to listen to some traditional Javanese gamelan music live.
- Then we will proceed to Sam Po Kong temple, an interesting blend of the Chinese and Muslim cultures, founded by Chinese admiral and explorer Zheng He, a Muslim who reached these lands in the early 15th century.
- For an interesting end to our excursion, we will have a bit of fun asking one of the local clairvoyants to predict our future in exchange for a small tip before we return to the port.
|When would you like to leave?