We will soak up the atmosphere in two distinctive villages with a strong vocation for arts and crafts. We will discover some interesting traditional techniques used to produce woven baskets, wood carvings and incredible ceramics, putting our skills to the test as we make a typical souvenir of Lombok with our own hands.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of the west coast
- Village of Sesela
- The art of ketak and cukli
- Village of Banyumulek
- Cidomo ride
- The art of ceramics
What we will do
- We will board our coach and embark on a sightseeing tour of the west coast of Lombok, travelling north.
- Our first destination is the village of Sesela, not far from Mataram, the island's administrative capital.
- During our visit, we will observe artisans well-versed in the art of ketak, which is used to produce wonderful woven items from the dried leaves of a local shrub, and the art of cukli, a unique ornamental wood carving technique used to create products, often decorated with shells.
- After watching the artisans work carefully, we will put our own skills to the test and, tools in hand, we will create our own personal souvenir.
- Then we will continue our excursion to the village of Banyumulek, famous for its ceramics.
- We will ride in a cidomo, a traditional horse-drawn carriage, and visit the workshops of ceramics experts, admiring the artisans hard at work creating wonderful, high-quality ceramic goods, well-known and popular for their vivid colours, elegant shapes and embellished decoration.
- After the visit, it will be time to get our hands dirty again. We will sink our hands into the clay and use ancient manufacturing techniques to try our hands at making our own item.
|When would you like to leave?