An excursion entirely dedicated to the city of Maceió, to appreciate the most important historical monuments and main tourist spots, to give a full picture of the varied and colourful reality of this ocean city.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Jaraguá
- Pontal da Barra
- Igreja Bom Jesus dos Martírios
- Deodoro Theatre
- Cathedral of Maceió
- Mirante de São Gonçalo
What we will do
- To learn more about the city of Maceió, we begin our excursion with a sightseeing tour of the Jaraguá district declared an historical heritage site of the state of Alagoas, where time seems to stand still amongst the imposing baroque and colonial style buildings.
- We then go to the famous Pontal da Barra craft district where local artisans produce lace, embroidery and a wide selection of bags, accessories and handmade clothes. Here we can admire the work of master craftsmen and spend some free time doing a bit of shopping.
- Our next stop is the town centre to take some photos at one of the largest architectural complexes in the Alagoas region, which consists of Igreja Bom Jesus dos Martírios, with its at times oriental style architecture, flanked by the government building, Maceió city hall and the tourism office.
- We continue our sightseeing tour exploring the historic heart of the city where we can admire architectural works such as the Deodoro theatre, built in the early 20th century to promote culture in the Alagoas region.
- We stop at the Maceió Cathedral, designed by French architect Auguste Montigny and opened in 1859, and we take a look at the main altar beautifully made of cedar wood.
- We continue to the city's lookout, the Mirante de São Gonçalo, which offers views of Maceió's coast and its most important districts. Here we stop to take some photos before continuing.
- We then go to the Maceió waterfront, where we admire the buildings and restaurants that dot the area and appreciate the charm and beauty of the contrast between old and new, before returning to the port.
|When would you like to leave?