An excursion to discover Recife’s rich cultural heritage, from its fantastic square and historic buildings to the amazing museums and workshops.
What we will see
- Recife's city centre
- Praça da República
- Governor's Palace
- Teatro Santa Isabel
- Palace of Justice
- Francisco Brennand's workshop
- Ricardo Brennand museum
- Shopping mall
What we will do
- Our*tour of Recife* starts with the amazing beauty of Praça da República, where we can photograph the Government building, Santa Isabel Theatre and Palace of Justice.
- We continue with a visit to the workshop of Francisco Brennand, who was the most famous and respected ceramist in Brazil and turned his house into a cultural centre and open-air museum boasting over 2000 artworks displayed in a lovely garden with hundreds of tropical plants. We observe many different creatures, weird and grotesque gargoyles, lizards bursting from the walls, ducks with helmets and other bizarre pieces, the fruit of many years of work.
- We then turn to the Ricardo Brennand museum with its collection of sculptures, weapons, tapestries and decorative art. Ricardo Brennand designed the entire structure, which includes a tentacular park, huge library, art gallery and vast museum displaying various pieces of different origins and eras. We also admire European pieces ranging from the Middle Ages to the 15th century as well as others dating back to the colonial period and testimonies of Dutch influences.
- Before returning to the ship, we stop at a local shopping mall.
|When would you like to leave?