A day of tropical magic spent at the two pearls of the Seychelles with their enchanting beaches and azure seas. We'll also take a walk through a magnificent nature reserve, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, discover the techniques of working with coconuts and enjoy a typical creole lunch. A comprehensive trip to two true paradises!
What we will see
- Island of Praslin
- Hiking in the Vallée de Mai nature reserve
- Island of La Digue
- Union Estate
- Anse Source d'Argent Beach
- Buffet lunch with creole specialities
- Grand Anse beach or alternative
What we will do
- From Victoria, the capital of the island of Mahé and the gate to the Seychelles, we arrive by coach at the terminal where we board a boat to the island of Praslin, the second largest island in the archipelago.
- Alighting at the quay of Baie Sainte Anne, we head for the Vallée de Mai nature reserve by minivan.
- From here we begin an *evocative hike of about an hour through the heart of the island in the company of our guide. We are bound to be fascinated by the Vallée de Mai, once considered to be the site of the Garden of Eden and today a worthy holder of the title UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Its forest is home to numerous rare and surprising species of flora and fauna, including the coco de mer, the largest seed in the world, which has become one of the symbols of the Seychelles. It forms part of the diet of the black parrot, an extremely rare bird found in the area.
- A brief boat ride takes us to the second stage of our excursion, the island of La Digue, a charming location with a laid-back, almost timeless atmosphere.
- Private cars and coaches are not permitted on La Digue, so we'll travel around the island on the highly colourful local modes of transport.
- We'll visit the Union Estate, a historic estate where we can admire the old colonial residence (visit to the exterior), observe how the copra is extracted from the coconut and see some adorable examples of giant Seychelles tortoises.
- On board a highly colourful minivan or ox-drawn carts we then head for the Anse Source d'Argent beach which, with its imposing and scenic blocks of granite, is considered by many to be the most beautiful beach in the Seychelles and one of the most beautiful in the world, the location for a number of adverts and photo shoots.
- After a break to relax or swim, we'll head for lunch at a restaurant where we'll enjoy a buffet of creole specialities*.
- We head off again in the afternoon to the Grand Anse beach or alternative, where we'll stop briefly to take photographs and relax on the fine sands.
- We then return by boat to Praslin, from where we continue to Mahé and return to the ship.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE TOUR:
Two private and comfortable ferries; air conditioned to reach the Praslin and La Digue islands.
Qualified Tour Guides.
Bus Transfer to the five stops included in the tour program.
Lunch with drinks included in one of the best Restaurants on the island.
All Entrance fees included.
|When would you like to leave?