An excursion that enables us to take a journey into the Middle Ages and explore ancient traditions: we will explore Finalborgo and Noli, two of the most beautiful towns in Italy, before learning how to prepare two Ligurian specialities, pesto and farinata.
What we will see
- Finalborgo, Castel San Giovanni, Basilica of San Biagio, Convent of Santa Caterina
- Feglino, Il Portico restaurant
What we will do
- The first stop on our journey into the past, is Finalborgo, a Medieval town considered one of the most beautiful in Italy. Its origins can be traced to the Middle Ages, although recent research seems to suggest it is a few centuries older than previously thought. Passing by the roadways of the old city, we savour the Medieval atmosphere created by the Castel San Giovanni, which stands majestic, protecting the city, as well as other artistic treasures such as the Basilica of San Biagio, the ancient Convent of Santa Caterina and the numerous Renaissance period buildings.
- We leave Finalborgo for another of the Italian Riviera’s Medieval gems: Noli. This gracious little city was home to competent merchants and courageous navigators who saw it become an independent maritime republic.
- Our last stop is a gastronomic one at Il Portico, a restaurant in Feglino where we will help prepare two of Liguria’s most important specialities: farinata and pesto. A tasting of these traditional treats leaves us with an appetising memory of our excursion in search of the treasures of the area around Savona.
|When would you like to leave?