In this tour, you will visit sightseeing spots in Yokkaichi City.
Suwa Shrine is local and peaceful shrine which believed to be founded around 1202. As Yokkaichi City developed though Edo / Meiji era, travelers visit to pray for safety and health in Suwa Shrine.
Yokkaichi Municipal Museum displays the historical and cultural development of Yokkaichi City. The display shows how city has developed through out each era, and how people lived.
The Yokkaichi Port Building is the tallest building in Mie. From the "Umiterasu 14" observation and exhibition room on the top floor, you can look out at the spectacular scenery from 90 meters high and in 360 degrees. There is also a fun
corner where you can learn about the history and role of the Port of Yokkaichi.
In this tour, you will also stop at local shopping department store to experience “Hatsuuri”, first sale of the year.
What we will see
- Suwa shrine
- Yokkaichi municipal museum
- Yokkaichi Port Building
What we will do
- The first stop on our excursion is the Suwa shrine, a small peaceful temple which is believed to have been founded in 1202 and which attracts visitors praying for health and safety.
- We then move on to the Yokkaichi municipal museum which illustrates the city’s historical and cultural evolution through different eras as well as the everyday life of the locals.
- We continue towards the port and the Yokkaichi Port Building. The lookout on the top floor offers magnificent 360° views over the city and port. There is also a fun exhibition on the history and role of Yokkaichi port.
- For a shopping break, we stop in a mall where we can purchase a few souvenirs and, if it’s the right time of year, take advantage of the traditional hatsuuri, the New Year sales.