After departing Marin Port Kagoshima, taking ferry to Sakurajima which is a volcanic island and symbol of Kagoshima, floating in the sea only 4 km from the city of Kagoshima. It is one of the world's greatest active volcanoes at 1,117 meters tall and 50km round.
You'll stop at Arimura Lava Observatorty located in the south of Sakurajima in front of Arimurazaki. It is on a small hill of lava field created by the great eruption in 1946 and the view of Sakurajima that opens out before is overwhelming.
Next stop is the Yogan Nagisa Park which has 100-meter-long foot hot spring. With Kinko Bay in front and the magnificent Mount Sakurajima behind, one can feel the energy of mother nature. Immerse your tired feet in the natural hot spring water discharged from 1,000 metres underground, to recuperate from fatigue.
After taking ferry back to Kagoshima City, shopping time at Tenmonkan Shopping Arcade. You'll find Kagoshima's popular souvenirs, confections, shochu and more.
There are some popular shops such as 'Shirokuma' shave ice, and Kagoshima Ramen. Enjoy your trip in Kagoshima!
What we will see
- Volcanic island of Sakurajima
- Arimura Lava lookout
- Sakurajima Yogan Nagisa Park: thermal footbath
- Tenmonkan district
What we will do
- We board a ferry which takes us to the volcanic island of Sakurajima, symbol of the city of Kagoshima, dominating the sea with its mountain often topped by a smoke plume indicating the magmatic activity that never sleeps.
- We stop at the Arimura Lava lookout on the southern side of the peak, Minami-dake, on the top of a hill in a lava field that formed after a big eruption in 1946.
- From here, we enjoy a 360° view of the volcano, the rugged lava field dotted with pine trees and Kagoshima bay.
- We then head to the Sakurajima Yogan Nagisa Park and its 100-metre-long thermal tub used for footbaths. We immerse our feet in the hot waters gushing from 1,000 metres underground and boost our energy levels by admiring enchanting scenery, Kinko Bay and the Sakurajima volcano behind us.
- After returning to the city on our ferry, we end our excursion with some shopping in the Tenmonkan district where we can purchase a few souvenirs or enjoy some delicacies such as the shirokuma slush and typical Kagoshima ramen.
|When would you like to leave?