|What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- There is limited availability of English speaking guides.
- Given the large number of excursions and vehicles, we cannot guarantee that a member of the ship’s crew will be available to assist you in your language.
- We recommend you bring insect repellent and a hat and that you wear comfortable shoes as we will be walking on rough ground during the visit to the excavations.
- We recommend bringing cash with you to make any purchases because not all stores accept credit cards.
- Lunch is not included.
- There will be a 15-20 minute boat transfer from where the ship is anchored to the pier in Belize City from where the vehicles depart.
- The coach transfer from the dock to Xunantunich archaeological site takes 60 minutes (depending on traffic) and the road may include uneven stretches.
- This excursion is not available to wheelchair users.
- There are no toilets on site.
- You must pay a tax upon entry to use your camera within the archaeological site.
- Minors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- The river cruise will be in an open boat, it is therefore recommended that you wear a hat and that you apply sun cream and insect repellent.
- The excursion may take place in reverse order, based upon the number of participants.
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed as the species described live freely in the wild.
- This excursion is not refundable. For further information, please see the general terms and conditions at the Excursions Office.