Copenhagen is a green, open city, perfect to explore on foot. There's nothing better than exploring the wonderful Danish capital on a long stroll through the maze of intertwining streets and pathways. But that's not all! The excursion ends with a boat trip that will show you the city from a different perspective.
What we will see
- Walking tour of Copenhagen
- Little Mermaid statue
- Gefion Fountain
- Churchill Park
- Amaliehaven Park
- Amalienborg Palace
- Christiansborg Palace
- Cruise along the port and canals
What we will do
- Our excursion begins on the Langelinie pier where we will meet our guide and start our walking tour of the city.
- We will walk to the famous statue of Hans Christian Andersen's Little Mermaid. Since 1913, she has sat on the harbour rocks welcoming travellers from all over the world and inspiring them with her tale of love and sacrifice.
- Then we will walk towards the 18th-century fortress in the shape of a pentagon, known as Kastellett, and admire the wonderful Gefion fountain, the biggest monument in the Danish capital, before reaching Churchill Park.
- Next we will visit the Frederiksstaden district in the heart of Copenhagen to get to the stunning Amaliehaven park, a quay that has been beautifully transformed into a green space overlooking what was once the harbour, and Amalienborg Palace, the royal family's winter residence, where we will stop to admire the square.
- We will walk through the picturesque Nyhavn district, which dates back to the 17th century and boasts brightly coloured houses built from wood, brick and cement, until we get to the old town and Gammel Strand. Once home to the fish market it is now brimming with chic bars and cafés and lies in front of the majestic Christiansborg Palace.
- After that, we will board a river boat and set off in search of the most evocative, picturesque sites that the ancient port of Copenhagen and its many canals have to offer.
- The cruise ends right on Langelinie pier. Once we are back on dry land, there is a short walk back to the ship.
|When would you like to leave?