A tour of rare beauty that takes in nature and art, from the majestic rocks of the Normandy coast painted by the great impressionist artists, to the traditional techniques of the distilleries and cellars where we sample the famous Bénédictine liqueur.
What we will see
- Étretat: rocks, cliffs and town centre, medieval church and market square
- Fécamp: Benedictine palace, distillery and cellars, with tasting session
What we will do
- The first stage of our tour is the small town of Étretat, located by the sea and famous for having inspired the works of two great impressionist painters: Claude Monet and Eugène Isabey. The town has always enjoyed an excellent reputation, thanks in part to its position which today makes Étretat a famous tourist resort.
- Before exploring the town we will admire the majesty of the high cliffs and the various forms of the rocks on which the waves break: an unforgettable spectacle at any time of year, immortalised in the famous paintings of Monet and Isabey and a source of inspiration for numerous writers, artists and directors.
- We will then visit the town centre with its elegant wooden houses, medieval church and enchanting market square brought to life by delightful little shops and wooden architecture.
- Leaving Étretat we travel along the coast towards Fécamp where we visit the 19th century Benedictine palace inspired by Gothic and Renaissance styles. Although it has the appearance of a palace, in reality it is home to a distillery producing the famous Bénédictine liqueur. The building also hosts an original collection from the famous Fécamp abbey: alongside sculptures, monastic charters and books from the monks' library we can see documents and utensils connected to the production of the liqueur.
- We will then visit the distillery and cellars overflowing with oak barrels, while in a dedicated room an exhibition of the 27 herbs and spices used to distil the Bénédictine liqueur awaits.
- Our tour will end with a tasting session on site and an opportunity to visit the gift shop.
|When would you like to leave?