ADD-ON - BREMEN GUIDED WALKING TOUR
What we will see
- Panoramic tour inland
- Bremen's old city centre and modern side
- Gothic town hall and Statue of Roland
- The Town Musicians of Bremen Monument
What we will do
- We'll leave the quay behind and set off on an exciting panoramic tour inland towards Bremen, an old city sitting on the banks of the Weser River that splits the built-up area in two.
- Founded by wealthy, influential trading families, its convenient location on the Weser made it the ideal port city over the centuries, thanks to its easy connection to the North Sea along the river. # When we reach our destination, we'll start our guided walk, exploring the old city centre, and all its wonderful monuments, and Bremen's more modern side, home to famous international brands like Beck's beer and Jacobs coffee.
- The bronze statue of animals from the the Grimm brothers fairytale "Town Musicians of Bremen", made in 1951 by the artist Gerhard Marcks depicting a donkey, a dog, a cat and a rooster, will take us back to our childhood and enchant adults and children alike.
- The spectacular Gothic Town Hall in Marktplatz, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2004, together with its neighbour the Statue Of Roland, the oldest and largest monument of its kind in Germany.
- At the end of our walk we'll head back to our coach, and then back to the ship.
|When would you like to leave?