A tour that introduces us to this magnificent Scandinavian capital. We'll visit the majestic City Hall, one of the most iconic buildings in Stockholm, and the Vasa Museum, without doubt its most visited museum, home to a perfectly restored seventeenth-century vessel. We will also drive next to its most characteristic district: the Old City.
What we will see
- City Hall and Golden Hall
- Vasa Museum
What we will do
- Our excursion's unmissable destination is Stockholm, Sweden's magnificent capital. The city is renowned for its characteristic structure, built on 14 islands magnificently bathed by the waters of lake Mälaren.
- Our tour introduces us to the most characteristic locations and the most architecturally significant buildings, the first of which is the imposing City Hall, the city's political centre and the location for the annual celebrations that follow the presentation of the Nobel Prizes.
- Having admired its imposing exterior surrounded by water and topped with three golden crowns, the symbol of the kingdom of Sweden we'll visit the sumptuous Golden Hall whose walls are entirely covered with precious golden mosaics composed of over 19 million tiles.
- We return to the coach for a panoramic tour.
- We continue on our itinerary towards the green island of Djurgården with its numerous historic buildings, monuments, museums, galleries, an exciting theme park and a magnificent open-air museum.
- Here we visit the famous Vasa Museum, a navigation museum with a unique 17th century ship that has remained practically intact: the Swedish galleon Vasa, the richly-decorated pride of the Kingdom of Sweden that sank during its maiden voyage in 1628. The discovery of the wreckage in 1956 and its recovery constituted a major event in the field of marine archaeology.
|When would you like to leave?