A unique opportunity to visit the magnificent landscape and architecture of this pearl of the Ionian sea, from picturesque Paleokastritsa with its magnificent bay, to the city of Corfu, where every corner emanates history and art.
What we will see
- Paleokastritsa and its ancient monastery
- Kanoni: photostop
- City of Corfu: Church of St. Spyridon, City Hall and Cricket Square
What we will do
- After leaving the port behind us, we begin our excursion with a visit to one of the best-known tourist locations on the island: Paleokastritsa. Before us lies an evocative landscape, with beaches of rare beauty protected by gentle hills of pine trees and black rocks that contrast sharply with the turquoise and emerald-green waters of the Ionian sea. We visit Paleokastritsa's ancient monastery, which dates back to 1226, where we can enjoy the peaceful atmosphere created by the shady arches and magnificent gardens.
- We continue our excursion with a visit to Kanoni, a small island where the view extends from the white monastery of Vlacherna, connected to the mainland by a small bridge. We are clearly inspired to take enchanting photographs of every panoramic corner of the island.
- We then return to our coach and head for the city of Corfu, which we will explore on foot. In the historic centre, we wander through the narrow cobbled streets lined with elegant buildings and craftsmen's shops. We then arrive at the Church of Saint Spyridon, the island's patron saint, where we see a collection of icons of inestimable value. From here we continue our walk, until we reach the City Hall and Cricket Square.
- Before returning to the ship, we have some time to discover other hidden corners of this fascinating city and indulge in some shopping.
|When would you like to leave?