Driving along the inland roads by jeep, to discover the most characteristic villages in Corfu, enjoying breathtaking scenery, ending the day in one of the most beautiful bays on the island: Paleokastritsa.
What we will see
- Alykes, Kontokali, Gouvia, Sokraki, Troumbetta (panoramic tour)
- Lakones and tasting at the Castellino restaurant
- Bay of Paleokastritsa
What we will do
- Leaving the port in our jeep, we head for the island's northern coast. On the journey we enjoy enchanting panoramic views, passing through the seaside resorts of Alykes, Kontokali and Gouvia.
- We drive past Agios Vasilios and Ano Korikiana, and here we take a winding road that crosses Sokraki, one of the oldest villages on the island, immersed in pine and olive trees and perched on the summit of Mount Korakio, which commands an incredible view over both the Adriatic and the Ionian seas.
- We continue our tour towards the characteristic village of Troumbetta, along a mountain ridge, where we are enchanted by the magnificent view of the islands of Mathraki and Othoni in north-western Greece.
- We continue our inland excursion across the island towards the west, passing through Alimataed, Vistonas and Makrades, villages where time appears to stand still.
- For lunch, we sample the delights of typical Greek meze at the Castellino restaurant that dominates the village of Lakones, which commands a magnificent view.
- The last stop on our tour is in the bay of Paleokastritsa: a natural port with a sandy beach, framed by a rocky promontory. According to the legend, Odysseus met Nausicaa here after the shipwreck. Who could resist diving into the crystal clear waters of this enchanting bay and relaxing on this magnificent beach before returning to the port?
|When would you like to leave?