Okinawa, where the unique Ryukyu Kingdom florished from the olden times. Vibrant traditional artifacts and culture are still there. Make your own craft item in Traditional Crafts Village, where you will be welcomed by many old local houses with beautiful red roof tiles, explore Gyokusendo, a stunningly beautiful limestone cave grown on a coral reef, and enjoy heroic Eisa dance and Habu Show. Okinawa World, where you can experience Ryukyu time now. Enjoy your exceptional Okinawa here, under endless blue sky with shiny sun with tropical flowers blooming and sweet smell of the southern wind.
What we will see
- Okinawa World theme park
- Crafts village
- Eisa show
- Habu Museum
- Gyokusendo cave
What we will do
- A short coach journey takes us to the Okinawa World theme park dedicated to Okinawa's cultural traditions.
- We have time to explore the park freely choosing among the numerous attractions.
- Let us jump back in time by strolling through the crafts village with its old houses and red tile roofs hosting workshops where we can discover the arts and crafts of the Ryukyu Kingdom. Many even offer the chance to try making artefacts ourselves!
- We continue our journey to discover local culture by watching an *Eisa show, a folklore dance typical of Okinawa that was once performed to welcome the spirits of the ancestors during the Buddhist feast of the dead.
- Those looking for stronger emotions can pet a Burmese python and visit the Habu Museum, home to numerous snakes and which also hosts a snake show.
- The Gyokusendo cave is particularly enchanting as it is at 5 km long and the longest limestone cave in Asia. 890 metres are open to the public and accessible via safe well-lit walkways.
|When would you like to leave?