|What you need to know
- Transport and facilities in Madagascar are not necessarily of the standard usually found in developed countries.
- Given the large number of vehicles used, we cannot guarantee that a member of the ship’s crew will be on hand to assist with communication.
- Appropriate sportswear and suitable shoes with non-slip soles are recommended.
- This excursion involves travelling over rough, unpaved roads in an off-road vehicle and a long stretch of walking in the forest. As such, we do not recommend this excursion to guests who have back problems or who are otherwise not at peak fitness.
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed, since they depend on the behaviour of the animals themselves.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- We recommend bringing insect repellent and a long-sleeved, cotton top when visiting the park.
- The excursion does not feature guides but some local guides will assist groups providing information during the main stops. Guides for each language are limited; if they are not available in English, the excursions will be conducted in French.
- The capacity for the jeeps is for 4 to 5 people. We cannot guarantee that families or groups of friends will be able to travel together in the same jeep.