Enjoy a uniquely privileged view of Réunion with a thrilling helicopter flight over the coast and inland regions of this wondrous volcanic island, with its peaks and canyons, dream-like beaches and coral reefs.
What we will see
- Helicopter excursion
- Bay of Saint-Paul
- Piton Maido
- The cirques of Cilaos, Mafate and Salazie
- The Trou de Fer Canyon
- West coast
What we will do
- A minibus takes us from the port to the helipad.
- There is a short safety demonstration, then we are ready for take-off on our thrilling, and unforgettable, helicopter flight high over the extraordinary landscapes of Réunion.
- First, we fly over the bay of Saint-Paul and its densely populated hinterland before cutting inland towards the heart of the island.
- We soon find ourselves soaring high over a wild landscape of ridges and peaks, heading to the Piton Maido which, at 2,200 metres in height, towers over the surrounding mountains.
- A little further on, we are confronted with the collapsed calderas of the ring of volcanoes that once surrounded the mountain: the cirques of Cilaos, Mafate and Salazie. ** The rich, emerald green of the lush vegetation covering the Cirque de Salazie, with its waterfalls and the famous wild canyon, the Trou de Fer, is especially inspiring.
- Having crossed the volcanic heart of the island, we see the west coast approaching, with its beaches, blue lagoon and barrier reef.
- We head back to the ship, still heady with the excitement of this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
|When would you like to leave?