An interesting tour upon the discovery of the architectural beauty and breathtaking views of Nassau, an intriguing fusion of old and new, a city which embodies the modern, international charm of the 21st Century whilst boasting fascinating historic and tropical hints.
What we will see
- Tour of Nassau
- Fort Fincastel, Queen's Staircase
- Paradise Island, Atlantis resort, Coral Towers
- Blair Estate, residential area
- Straw market, souvenirs
What we will do
- The tour begins with a short visit of the outside of Fort Fincastel. The front of the fort looks like a ship's bow. The cannons were never fired during battle, however this is definitely an excellent observation point. In fact, the fort is located at the highest point of the island, bestowing a spectacular view of the port, the island of New Providence and the nearby*Queen's Staircase*, made up of 65 steps sculpted by slaves from solid limestone at the end of the 18th Century, and which we can freely cross.
- We will visit the large tourist attraction,Atlantis on Paradise Island, a small island connected to the main island via two bridges, and admire the buildings of The Cove, The Reef and The Royal Towers, before stopping near to Coral Towers for about 20 minutes.
- The last stop on the tour takes us to Blair Estates, Nassau's residential area, where we can admire some of the most beautiful houses on the island from the coach.
- The tour ends at the lively Straw market, one of the largest in the world. Here it is possible to find a large selection of hand crafted carpets, hats and baskets as well as fabrics, jewellery, wood sculptures and guava jam. On the return journey to the ship, we will have some free time for buying souvenirs.
|When would you like to leave?