The largest island in the Mexican Caribbean, Cozumel has a rich historical and cultural tradition waiting to be explored revealing its interesting past, enchanting traditions and charming present.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of the island
- El Cedral village: church and Mayan temple
- Sightseeing tour of El Mirador
- Folk show
What we will do
- We meet our bilingual local guide and board a fully air-conditioned coach and set off for a sightseeing tour of the island perimeter.
- Our guide will entertain us with interesting facts and anecdotes on Cozumel, the largest inhabited island in Mexico, and on its fascinating history.
- Our first stop is the village of El Cedral, once the capital of Cozumel, where we will learn more about the ancient Mayan civilization who first inhabited the area.
- We visit the remains of a Mayan temple dedicated to the goddess of fertility, the most ancient site dating back to the 9th century BC which was destroyed by the first conquistadores as well as the church where the first Catholic function on Mexican territory was held according to historians.
- We continue our exploration of the southern part of the island and head east, where we can admire uncontaminated beaches on our way to the El Mirador panoramic viewpoint, where the sea has carved an arch into the rock offering breathtaking views with the island of Cuba in the background. Enchanted by this scenery, we take a few photographs and then set off once more.
- This amazing experience ends with a stop at an hacienda museum, where we attend a local folk dance show performed by professionals in costume and where we can enjoy a drink of our choice.
|When would you like to leave?