A taste of Russia: Moscow and St Petersburg in two days!
What we will see
on this tour explore glamorous Moscow in one day
take a 4-hour ride across the Russian countryside aboard a comfortable high-speed train Sapsan while enjoying a hot breakfast service;
upon arrival in Moscow meet your local expert guide and start the Moscow tour
short city centre tour
the tour begin in the heart of Moscow: the Red Square. enjoy time at your leisure exploring the Square, GUM department store and nearby shops and cafes.
back on the train, enjoy a hot dinner service and relax while savoring the events of the busy and exciting day.
- Panoramic tour of St. Petersburg including Winter Palace, Neva river, St. Isaac's Cathedral and Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood
- Guided visit of Peter and Paul Fortress and Cathedral of the same name
- Guided visit of Hermitage Museum
- Lunch included
What we will do
- Enjoy a unique opportunity to explore the glamorous Capital of Russia in one day!
- Constructed in the 12th century as an oak-wood fortress, Moscow later became the residence of the Russian Tsars and today it is the seat of the Russian president and a huge museum complex in the open air. Accompanied by a St. Petersburg guide, you will transfer to the railway station for a 4-hour ride aboard a comfortable high-speed train “Sapsan”. Along the way hot breakfast and picturesque views of the Russian countryside.
- Your tour will begin exploring the very heart of Moscow – the world-famous Red Square. Stretched along the Kremlin Eastern wall, this place has been the arena of many important historical and political events in the life of the country: religious processions, public executions, glorious parades, fireworks on The Victory Day, concerts and festivals. The word "red" refers neither to the color of the bricks nor to the country’s Communist past. In Russian the square is called Krasnaya. This word means both "red" and "beautiful," and the latter was the original meaning.
- Take some time on your own at GUM, the largest department store in the country with an exquisite interior, appealing blend of classical architecture and modern decoration.
- Here we will catch the famous Moscow’s metro which will lead us straight to the railway station, where we will take a seat on the high speed train and enjoy dinner onboard before returning back to St Petersburg and to the ship.
- A day dedicated to St. Petersburg's key sights, with a particular focus on the Peter and Paul Fortress and the delights of the most important museum in Russia.
- Sightseeing tour including the Winter Palace, Neva river, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood
- Tour inside the Peter and Paul Fortress and the cathedral of the same name
- Guided tour of the Hermitage Museum
- Our excursion will begin with a sightseeing tour of the city, passing its famous streets and sights and admiring its well-known buildings from outside. Highlights include the Winter Palace, the Neva river , Saint Isaac's Cathedral and the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood. We will travel alongside the city's canals, flanked by lavish, sparkling buildings with gold spires, cathedrals with colourful bulbous domes, and beautiful gardens full of flowers.
- We will stop in the heart of St. Petersburg for a tour inside the Peter and Paul Fortress and the cathedral of the same name, where political prisoners were kept before the October Revolution. We will find ourselves in the tallest building in the city which also holds the tombs of the Romanovs and beautiful 18th-century icons.
- After a delicious lunch of typical Russian cuisine, we will move on to the Winter Palace on the banks of the Neva river, now part of the Hermitage Museum. There, we will discover part of this extremely famous museum where over three million works of art have been preserved including Egyptian, Babylonian, Assyrian, Chinese and Indian archaeological artifacts as well as priceless paintings of European artists and memorable pieces from the Russian imperial court.
|When would you like to leave?